The Driving Lesson Process Explained
Learning to drive is one of the most important skills that you will learn in your lifetime. I will teach you using the very latest driving techniques set out by the
DSA. I have a professional yet calm, and patient approach to make your driving lessons fun and enjoyable too, and specialise in teaching nervous clients to achieve their
confidence when driving in Scarborough and beyond!
What You Can Expect
- I offer a free assessment meeting at your house to enable you to see the car and get to know me.
- I can check your eyesight by you reading a number plate from a distance of 20.2metres. If you wear glasses to do this you must wear them to drive. We can go through the
legal stuff including checking your provisional license.
- Any personal details that I need will be kept on my home password protected PC and Data stick and will not be passed on or used other than for proof of business.
- I can guarantee that the whole lesson will be on a one-to-one basis with no dropping off of the previous pupil.
- Stuff happens! If I am running late I will ring you, and the time will be made up – either on that lesson or any subsequent lesson, I am only a phone call away.
- If you need to change lesson times or discuss anything then text me your name or leave a voice message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- I can pick up/ drop off at different place, just tell me then I can plan the lesson accordingly.
- If you need a lesson before work, it's no problem, as well as the time of day is not an issue.
- Early morning to late evenings - lessons to suit.
- Block booking attracts discounts – regardless of status or profession – please ask for details when discussing options.
- Think of your timeframe for learning and passing the test. Weekly lessons are often too far apart and time will be lost re-capping at the start of every lesson.
- You will receive your personal 'Appointment and Training card' Please bring this with you to every lesson.
It is the trainees responsibility to study the 'Highway Code' throughout the tuition, and also study to attain the highest mark possible on the Theory & Hazard perception
Test. Help & advice will be given throughout the tuition. The knowledge gained works two fold, it underpins the 'safe driving skills for life' tuition and should enhance
a student's understanding of the rules and regulations of the road. We offer the chance to study using 'Theory Test Pro'.
Although you can start your driving lessons as soon as you have obtained your Provisional Driving licence, you cannot book the driving test until you have passed the theory
test. You should be able to book your theory test with a few days notice. The test is taken at the Pearsons Office in Scarborough Town Centre opposite the Town Hall.
Pass or fail you are given your test results immediately after the completion of the test.
Outline / Basic Lesson Plans - Introducing Core Subjects
Hover For Help!
At the end of this lesson you should be able to perform the cockpit drill and have an understanding of the basic controls.
At the end of the lesson you should be able to move away safely under control, uphill,
on the level and downhill as well as being able to choose a safe legal and convenient place to stop using the MSM routine.
At the end of this lesson you should be able to safely turn the car around to face the opposite direction and understand the importance of observation.
At the end of this lesson you should be able to understand how to safely and accurately
reverse into a minor road on the left (right) under control.
At the end of this lesson you should be able to stop the car safely, under control
and have some knowledge of the causes of skidding and remedial action. You should also understand hoe & when to use the interior and exterior mirrors.
At the end of this lesson you should be able to use the MSM routine to signal correctly
and properly timed. You should also be able to recognise approach and deal with pedestrian crossings effectively.
At the end of this lesson you should be able to plan the approach to, and safely
turn left or right from a major road to a minor road using MSPSL routine with effective observation.
At the end of this lesson you should be able to use MSPSL and LADA routines on the
approach to major roads and emerge safely, giving regard to other traffic and pedestrians.
At the end of this lesson you should be able to identify and deal with the various
types of crossroads including unmarked crossroads and have a better understanding of priorities at crossroads.
At the end of this lesson you should understand the principles of meeting, crossing,
overtaking other traffic, allowing adequate clearance and anticipation
Located below are some opinions from other students