Driving Instructors Association Code of Conduct
- All DIA members listed in Find a Driving Instructor have agreed to abide by the following code:
- I will not mislead the public over services provided by the school. This applies in particular to instructors' qualifications and the likely cost of lessons which
will be necessary to reach the standard required by the Driving Standards Agency's driving test.
- I will ensure that clients are fully aware of their terms of business.
- I will avoid improper language, suggestions or physical contact with clients.
- I will take all reasonable care, using skill and diligence, in instructing client in all relevant aspects of traffic and driver education.
- I will not discuss with others matters that a pupil has disclosed during a lesson.
This does not apply to business matters which concern a driving school or, where the lessons are being paid for by another person or company, information relevant
to that person or company. In this case, while the third party has the right to this information, it will only be given with the client's knowledge.
- I will maintain proper standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- I will ensure that any vehicle driven or used for training is maintained in good
mechanical order and condition; is properly insured and taxed and, where appropriate, certified as roadworthy; and that all reasonable care is taken to keep it clean
I will ensure that tuition is carried out only within the terms of the law, with particular reference to driver licensing and provision of a professional service.
- I will continue my professional development to the best of my ability
Visit the Driving Instructors Association website